1. This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland, except for employees of South Hams District Council, their families or anyone else associated with this competition. . Entrants under the age of 16 years need to have parent or guardian permission before entering the competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. The subject for Competition is your connection with the Salcombe-Kingsbridge Estuary. This can include activities, wildlife or landscapes. The subject is open to interpretation but all entries must have the Salcombe-Kingsbridge Estuary at their heart, and must be taken in, on or around the Estuary.
4. The safety and welfare of the subject of any photograph is of greater importance than the photograph itself – entries which show evidence of undue disturbance or stress imparted on the subject by the photographer will be disqualified. Please take care to avoid damage to the environment in the process of your photography.
5. This competition is free to enter.
6. Entries will only be accepted in digital format, i.e. .jpg RGB files. The filename must be the title of the images and the photographer’s name, for example: ‘Yacht on Visitors Pontoon- Jane Smith’. Please do not use punctuation marks in the filename.
7. Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
8. All photographs will be judged on the following criteria: composition, technical ability, originality, interpretation of the theme. The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
9. The closing date for this competition is midnight on Friday 9th September 2016. Winners will be notified in due course via email. Winners’ pictures may be featured on the Salcombe Harbour website and appear on Salcombe Harbour social media websites including (but not limited to) Twitter and Facebook for the purposes of advertising this competition.
10. The judges’ decision is final and unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted. No feedback on any entry will be provided.
11. Entrants must not be professional photographers and, for the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their photographs at the time of their entry.
12. Images must not be digitally enhanced or manipulated.
13. SHA will not pass your personal details on to any third party; however your details may be used to contact you about SHA activities.
14. Please retain the original digital file as it may be required to prove authenticity.
15. Entries should be submitted via the online entry form. If no form is submitted the photograph(s) will not be judged. If you have any problems submitting your images, please use the online feedback form.
16. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
17. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to South Hams District Council to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition. Your picture will be credited. No fee will be payable for its use.
18. By entering, entrants will be seemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and SHA reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time if it has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
19. This competition is not open to SHA employees or contractors or any person involved in the running of the competition, or their immediate family members.
20. SHA reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules or prizes at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise out of its control.
21. If the winners are unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, SHA reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner-up or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
22. This competition is administered by SHA.
23. All images submitted may be used to promote the competition, and may be put onto a webpage managed by SHA to promote the competition.
24. One entrant shall win a 20×30 inch canvas print of their work and a cash prize of £100. The prize is subject to availability.
25. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
26. The prizes as described are available on the date of publication. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
27. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
28. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.